Trilifegear.com

Trilifegear.com
Your Triathlon Headquarters

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Apologies/ Updates!

So sorry for being such a bum and not updating regularly!!! Part of my apology runs into my updates...because I have joined several new teams and have several developments in my tri training that make it so I probably cant be posting my workouts too much anymore because it is probably not fair to the people helping me out at this point...


So some very exciting news is that I joined a new Pro Development Team, Fast Forward, that is partnered with Inside-Out sports, Quintanaroo and Computrainer. This is all very exciting because I am now able to get some serious coaching and gear/bike/wheels/product/everything support that is going to allow me to be the most competitive I can be with my somewhat limited financial resources..I am also soo super excited to be part of a team again!! and to have some great coaching!! The team is stacked with some very impressive athletes so far and it will be great to be a part of their accomplishments!

Another update is that I have been invited to an Elite Development Training Camp at the olympic training center in Colorado springs, CO from July 26-aug 8..I am super excited about this- what an amazing opportunity- I never thought I would have such an opportunity- God is good!!! This means, however, that I have jumped in with the sharks now and have gotten my pro licence- which also means I will be racing in the pro fields from now on which is scary business but you have to grow up somehow with everything I suppose.....My first pro race will either be Philly or NYC depending on when my license is processed....very exicting but will be very very humbling....

Another update is I have joing CYAC, an age group swim club in Charlottesville that is super super hard and has some amazing 14-19 yr old athletes- amazing kids! I am finally in a do or die situation in every practice which is exactly what I need with my swimmming- This has been a huge huge answer to prayer and I finally see a way now that my swimming will continue to dramatically improve.

Lastly, I joined the ragged mountain elite racing team in cville that is training post collegiate athletes with the goal of olympic trials for track and marathon events...amazing group of people, I am really starting to run fast again and it is so easy with great people right next to you to push you to it..great coaches and another huge blessing!!

My biking has seriously taken a back seat this past month and I think that will hurt me in philly and NYC but I have really wanted to start to prepare for my ITU racing that I am now starting at the end of July...another update!

Anyways, Huge blessings all over the place, I am very excited about the rest of the summer and next year...I will continue to blog as much as I can on training without being unfair to the coaches that are helping me now and the other athletes on these teams by posting their workouts...

sorry again for being super lazy for a bit!!
Congrats to all the local cvillers who finished eagleman last weekend...most brutal conditions ever- I am so proud of you guys!!

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 55 tooth chainrings are a must.

    ReplyDelete
  3. have fathers day saul!! baby liem thanks you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicole - you are a most impressive woman! I've enjoyed following you here.
    And...don't worry about the blog posts being 'infrequent'. You should see our baby blog - I haven't posted anything to that in months. Saul keeps it going.
    OK..until we see you again - all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have photos of you racing in Dallas www.protriathleteracing.com

    ReplyDelete