Trilifegear.com

Trilifegear.com
Your Triathlon Headquarters

Thursday, June 24, 2010

nervous/excited/nervous/excited?!?!

So this weekend is my first real pro race at the Philadelphia triathlon. Philly became part of the lifetime fitness series this year so the field is really stacked so it should be an "interesting" race as my first pro race. My running has been going so great thanks to my ragged mountain teammates, and my swimming keeps improving steadily...my biking has been a lot less in volume and intensity recently as I am trying to make the switch to an ITU style..so it should be interesting to see what happens with that as philly is not draft legal- my cycling was much stronger than I thought at collegiate nats so hopefully some of that will carry over a bit..All you can do is your best so that is my plan and we will see where the chips fall for this first race in scary scary pro land....should be very humbling and a great learning experience in any case! I am certainly leaning on my faith in this situation that God will be walking through this with me no matter what happens so I can relax and remeber there is nothing to fear and nothing to loose here- just an opportunity to learn.

Good luck to kate lucas and hunter this weekend at IM coeur dalene and all the people doing the cville sprint tri (including wes/dustin/mark/bev/ray/eric/anyone else I missed!!) Also good luck to my new teammate Brian Duffy at philly too! and robin of course who is doing the philly sprint!! cant wait to hear all the great results!!

No comments:

Post a Comment