Trilifegear.com

Trilifegear.com
Your Triathlon Headquarters

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Fri/Sat may 15/16

Fri- am run- 9mi, fartlek workout: 4x8 mins at threshold+, 2 min jog inbetween. IT band feels great!! sooo happy, i am back on track now....

pm- swim with tri masters group here is CA, 3k?, it is certainly so much more fun to swim with other people!

pm- yoga, awesome! my hip felt great after! I got a HUGE pop somewhere in there during the sesson and it felt sooo much better after....dont think ill be writing about by hip much more =)

Sat- am bike, 3:30, 53mi, most of the ride was really chill pace, one 30 min climb that was really though up into the santa monica mountains but I didnt push too hard, then at 8 min climb after that that I tried to go harder on....got to ride with a fun group...I havent done any hard bike workouts this week with is a little concerning but oh well....but the good news is the climbs are really really huge here so hoping that will make up for a little of my laziness otherwise...

brick run- (really about 30 mins after we stopped though..) 40 mins, 5++mi, zone 3.5ish steady, hot but felt good...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nicole-I swam with you at the Masters group on Fri. night. Just so you know, Friday is always sprint day, so those workouts are focused on high intensity short stuff. Sat/Sun mornings and Monday night are 90 minutes workouts with more focus on distance or middle distance. Those are definitely longer, more intense workouts (usually 5000+). Trust me--I won a 5K Masters National Open Water Championship last year, which there's no way I could have done without lots of long, hard workouts. Hope to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heidi! thanks so much! I know, i am a total idiot..sunday and monday totally killed me and I am soooo impressed with the group now and excited to be here a few more weeks!! definatley best group i have trained with yet, so I seriously ate my words =)) Congrats on your 5k championship!! would love some tips from you at the pool!! I dont really "get" open water swimming yet i think....anyways, thanks!! and hopefully see you soon!

    ReplyDelete