Trilifegear.com

Trilifegear.com
Your Triathlon Headquarters

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Quick Overview

So a quick overview of my training so far this winter is I have been trying to do 4 week blocks of 3 weeks at 13-15 hrs per week and one week of 8-11 hrs/wk. I have to change this often becuase of my medical school schedule but that has been my goal. I have also been sick once this winter which took me out for an entire week and travelled a bit but no injuries or major set backs! I started ramping up for this base season in Oct and got to goal at the beginning of Jan. I have been focusing heavily on swimming this winter with roughly 15k yds/wk and have put running on the back burner (15-20 mi/wk) and have been trying to maintain my cycling somewhere in the middle (7-8hrs/wk)...however, I think going forward I am going to ramp up big on the cycling (at least 10hrs/wk going forward) and running now (30-35 mi/wk) and cut back a little on the swimming becuase I have made huge improvements with swimming and would be happy to maintain where I am right now without improving too much more for this season. Strength training has been my one big weakness thus far, I havent been able to do much at all due to lack of motivation and time but I know it is important and hopefully I can get my butt into gear with that soon (although it would have been better to do more strength in the pre-base phase of training but that is gone now).....I am going to post my training from now on starting with this past week (feb 1-7)!

No comments:

Post a Comment