Trilifegear.com

Trilifegear.com
Your Triathlon Headquarters

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

TUES Feb 23

so sorry for not staying up dated for people that read this, I didnt realize anyone was actually reading this until i didnt update for a few days and people started asking me about it...sorry! I will stay current now that I know people may actually use this.....sorry!!


ok so am- swim with roanoke master- 3k, 1hr...short intervals, too short for triathlon really in my opinion, a lot of 50s and 100s, my swimming feels much slower now that i have not been swimming with my normal cvill group and i am kind of bummed about that...hopefully it wont take me too long to get it back..

pm- fartlek run, 1:10 total, 9mi- 4 X (4 mins at 10 K pace, 2 mins rest jog slow, 2 mins at 5k pace, 1 min rest jog slow, 1 min at 1500m pace- this is very fast, 30 seconds rest, repeat!) make sure to only take 30seconds before your restart the 4 min 10k pace interval as this is the whole point of the workout....felt great!! I am finally getting back to a place of really relaxing when i am running fast, i havent really felt that way for 5 years since college....I really think this is the way to run fast, you have to find a way to relax everything else as much as possible, when you are really running a fast distance race, the rest of your body should feel limp almost...it is a hard thing to describe but i think most great distance runners do this from what i understand....maybe ill write some more on this later....

No comments:

Post a Comment