Trilifegear.com

Trilifegear.com
Your Triathlon Headquarters

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Thurs/Friday Feb 11/12

Thurs: am swim- 32oo yd swim with the roanoke masters group, lots of 50s and 100s, I used this workout for my short swim day...

am run- 30 mins, 4 mi easy right after swim on treadmill, I had a little ache in my shin and stopped right away...I am getting smarter in my old age =)

pm bike- 2:10 total indoor bike, main set is 3x30 mins in big ring gearing at 60-65 rpm. This is a great workout for building strength/power and especially good for females! My legs are tired now....

Friday: pm run: 8mi total, 1hr...Fartlek workout: 20 mins warmup, 3x( 4 mins at 10k pace, 2 mins easy, 2 mins at 5k pace, 1 min easy, 1 min at 1500m pace, 30 seconds easy, repeat!) take note- this is a great workout! I did this workout all the time in college for 10k preparation (althought I did a few more sets then but I am working up to that)...the 4 mins after only 30 secs rest is the secret to this workout...and I got to run it outside! A great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment