Trilifegear.com

Trilifegear.com
Your Triathlon Headquarters

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Wednesday, Feb 10

am- bikeness, fire drill in the building at 3:30am..couldnt get back to sleep so of course I hopped on the bike trainer...1:40 total: 30 mins one leggeds, 90 seconds alternating legs...same principle as I described before, but these are also done best at avg cadence (85-90ish rpm) and down on the tri bars...I used to do these sitting up on the bike and i think my stroke has gotten much better by being down on the bars...5 min rest, 6x (4 min on, 1 min off) high cadence- 100+ prm...a pretty light workout on the legs overall...

pm- 1 hr total, 8+ miles: warm up...20 min tempo on treadmill, first 15 mins at 6:40, last 5 min between 6:15-6:30... cool down This pace isnt blazing fast but I was happy with how I felt, very relaxed, and it is really early so the pace is ok, plenty of time to get faster later on....right now i am just trying to get a little strong...

30 mins weights: upper body, mostly focusing on lats and triceps for swimming..also think the bench press is always good and I always do hamstrings because my quads are much stronger than my hamstrings after year of running so I always try to help out my puny hamstrings...

overall a good day...thinking about racing earlier to help get motivated for collegiate nats coming up fast in april!

No comments:

Post a Comment