Trilifegear.com

Trilifegear.com
Your Triathlon Headquarters

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Marth Jeff race report

The race started quick with a 5:45 first mile, I was a little suprised by the pace but I felt like I was easing into it... the first 3 miles I ran with a girl named Louise on the ragged mountain racing team (the cville post collegiate development team) and wes and we kind of pushed the pace a bit on each other, Louised got ahead of me right before mile 2 and I kind of let her go a little- trying to just run in myself and not run to0 hard and she came back within a min or two, 2 miles was in 11:42...3mi in 17:22 (so the 5k was definately sub 18 (maybe 17:55ish)...which I havent done for a while- so I was certainly happy with that!) I just kept chugging along at a pretty consistant pace the whole time staying in myself and I just pulled away slowly right before mile 3 and then just kept pulling away slowly til the end, wes helped a lot at the end by letting me know how far ahead I was during the last mile...29:11 finish time...5:53/mi avg.. new course record!! (by 27 seconds)

so the racing tactics were not great on my part but that wasnt really my objective - (in a running race you should really just sit on someone's shoulder and let them do the work until you can put in a surge and drop then definatively and quickly either with a kick at the end or in the middle of the race if your kick is weak- the objective of this is when you make your move- you should leave no hope in their mind that they can stay with you, they will be much more likely to break and give up this way) however, I wasnt really trying to race as much as put in an even effort for a good controlled workout..

I felt great the whole time, trying to stay in myself and not put too much effort into the race. My goal was to do an effort in between racing and a threshold workout and I actually think I acheieved that pretty well- I never felt in extremis or anything close, I just kind of chugged along at an even pace and I feel great today so I think I didnt go too hard- which was my goal. I am very suprised at the finish time considering the effort wasnt at full race effort- Very strange but I wont complain...just going to keep working, I guess I am just getting really fit ?!?!?!...

No comments:

Post a Comment