Trilifegear.com

Trilifegear.com
Your Triathlon Headquarters

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Saturday March 20!!

YES! great great day! the weather is in the 70s...

am bike with CRC- 50+ mi, 2:40- Great ride, stayed with the CRC lead group the whole time (Dee Dee, Eric Fletcher, Rudy, James, some fast CRC guys- the usual suspects), tried to do a little tempoing up a long steady hill for probably 5-10 mins then took a lot more pulls than I have been (still not pulling a lot but at least I didnt draft the ENTIRE time..) I felt really good today too and I know I was working harder than I have on any other sat ride!! Our avg was flying for the hard parts.....yes!

brick run right after- SWEET! 8 mi total, 10 min warm up, 3x10 min tempos on track with 2 mins easy in between ( mile splits: 5:58, 6:02, 6:07), 10 min cool down...ran the first one with phil- thank goodness cause I needed some help, phil is fast!...It was really hot today but I felt really strong mentally and physcially even though I ran out of water and was really feeling it by the last one...God is good- He gives and takes away but today he gave me an awesome day!

anyone reading this blog for ideas: I really think these Sat workouts that I have been doing are really great. Initially I didn't think they could be done- I thought they would be too hard, but I just decided to try, and now I think I can feel enormous benefit as far as muscular strenght and endurance for the exact type of running you need for triathlon...If I do well this year, it will be because of these Sat workouts so I highly encourage anyone looking for workout ideas to think about doing stuff like this - one thing I learned in college running is that if your workouts are harder than your races, you wont fear racing and, even on a bad day, you will race well... I am hoping the same priciple applys to triathlon....

Good Luck to James and the rest of the UVA tri people in CA next weekend!! I know James is ready to really lay down some fastness!

No comments:

Post a Comment